Monday, April 02, 2012

April Update


Spring is here and its time for us to get back outside. With the few nice days we have been having, we are taking advantage! Hiking, bike riding, walking to the park... as much as we can do we are doing it. Not only does it make Brodie and I happy, but its pretty stinkin obvious our boy loves it just as much. 
We have been working on letting him walk Jackson. Sometimes Jackson does really great, sometimes he drags him along. Hahaha. Its pretty cute though and he will "yell" at Jackson if he goes too fast.


He is getting so big! Yes I know I say this every month, but its true! It amazes me how much he is learning and doing and saying! Coen is the biggest imitator right now, for good and bad. If I am cooking he wants a bowl and a spoon to "cook" along with me. If we are outside doing yard work, he wants his own broom/rake to help. He loves using the swiffer duster to dust the tv and tables (secretly I think he really just wants to chase Jackson around with it), and stealing our remotes to change the channels. 

We have been working on animal sounds and the abc's. So far he knows cow, chicken, snake, puppy, kitty, monkey, elephant and bear. I can't even begin to say all the new words he uses, because it changes every day. Grandma Peggy heard "thank you" loud and clear the other day too! Hey if you are going to use your polite words, using them with gma is the way to go :)


Not much has changed with his eating/drinking habits, nor with his sleep (thank goodness!) He remains the ever eating/pooping machine who drinks like he is a fish out of water. I swear he wakes up saying "eats! eats!" and doesn't stop till bedtime. He is pretty solid on his 2.5-3hr nap everyday around 1230. Eats a big breakfast and dinner and has two small lunches, one before nap and one when he wakes from it. With an occasional small snack around 10.

His new favorite thing, besides reading books, is playing with flash cards, both on our ipad/phones and his real ones. One after the other he picks them up and looks and flips them over. When I say the word he looks up at me and watches me, sometimes he repeats what he thinks I said, sometimes he associates an animal sound, but most of the time if its food he just says "eats". Of course thats a chubby kids fav word!

16 months old and the funniest kid ever. He is a joy to be around for the most part, though he has begun to throw fits when he doesn't get what he wants. (oh joy). We have gotten a season pass to the Discovery Center and he just runs and runs looking at all the stuff that he is allowed to touch and play with. 

No new stats to report aside from him being tall and heavy with big fat feet!


No comments: