Tuesday, June 05, 2012

June: 18 month check up

18 months old... just let that sink in for a moment. My little baby is no longer a baby, but a crazy independent toddler. Everyone warned me this would happen; I've seen it happen to other's babies as well! I thought I was ready, but now that I say it out loud...well it just seems completely too soon.

(Swinging at the park)

We've been having so much fun with him though. He is a total ham, and LOVES to joke and play around. The faces he makes, oh man he is a total crack up. I know he loves to get people laughing and smiling. Recently we went up to McCall and Warm Lake over Memorial Day weekend. To see him and Alex play was stinking hilarious. While Alex was doing her dance moves, who is shaking it right next to her...oh yeah...my boy. Now when we say wiggle wiggle wiggle he does this crazy arm/chest movement that Alex taught him. For every stranger that tells us that he is going to be a football player someday, he gives more evidence of him somehow becoming a dancer, lol!

(always the constant helper..in jammies of course)

We've had some crazy hot days lately, so our morning jogs have gotten earlier and earlier. While our evening walks/bike rides have become later and later. This results in him sleeping a bit less at night, but taking longer naps. Not that he needed a longer nap, but we are consistently at a 4 hour-ish nap now. (3.5-4 for the most part). Just remembering a year ago...the boy barely took 4-5 30min naps a day. Wow, was I ever tired. I never knew what being tired was, till I had a boy who had sleeping issues. Hah! I am so glad to have moved past that phase with minimal damage...I did find my keys in the fridge and bread in a drawer the other day.

(Stinkin horse wasn't going fast enough!)

What started out as just playing with letters, has turned into a real learning event. As of now, he can recognize and say 18 letters! He is constantly pointing them out while we drive, grocery shop, eat at restaurants, watch tv...every where. Today at lunch he was pointing saying "sssss", which is how he says S. I looked around and saw he was pointing to a flamingo whose neck was shaped like a big S. What's up smarty!! My favorite letters to hear him say are "eeewwww" (U), "arrrrrrrrr" (R), and "oooowhyyyy" (Y).  We have a little chant on how to spell his name which he is quickly getting.
(reading in his chair before summer buzz cut)

Nothing has changed on the eating front, other than he has become a little bit pickier on how his food is presented to him. Some days he wants it all on his tray or in a bowl. Some days he only wants a bite at a time or he throws the extras down to Jackson. I think he just likes to drive me a little bit crazy trying to figure him out from day to day. :)

(not actively training, just playing/figuring it out around since he says potty and likes to sit on it a lot)

All in all we have a very healthy and happy boy. There, I said it. He is a boy, no longer Mama's baby (even if I secretly whisper it in his ear at bedtime). The doctor put his vocabulary (25+ words) at about the same as a 2 year olds, and is amazed at what he says. As the doc and I were talking today, Coen opened the exam room door and told us "be back!" Hahaha. Yeah right buddy. I'm sure you will be right back.

Stats: 
Height: 33.5 inches (90%)
Weight: 31 lbs (90%)
Head: 19.5 inches (70%)
Wearing a size 2T (3T jammies), 5 diaper, and 7 shoe



No comments: