Oops! It's already July 9th and I am barely doing my monthly update! Yikes this summer is getting away from us.
Look at my new do-rag mom!
Our days are filled with playing outside in the morning/at the pool/at the park, coming in for lunch and a loooooong nap, and then heading back outside to play with dad! We go on bike rides every day, and walks every morning/evening. He knows there is a ritual now for going outside. You have to get shoes, your sunglasses and then lathered with sunscreen. Hahaha. So patient for going "ow-sighhh" (outside).
Milk break from playing hard.
Recently the boy and I have weekly visitors every Monday morning! Declan and Sullivan come over to play while their mommy works. So far we have had a blast! And by blast I mean toys everywhere, food in their bellies, and me about to pass out on the couch. Hah! Actually Declan and Coen play very well together. And Sully...well he is just a sweet little baby that likes to be held. Which is MY kinda guy :)
In the past two-ish weeks, we have been to both McCall and Warm Lake for some MUCH needed mountain time. I'll do a separate post for Warm Lake, but just wanted to add this kid is definitely a mountain man. Not only does he love running around and getting dirty, but he loves the water and all the animals he sees. Playing trucks in the dirt, collecting big "ocks" and "icks" (rocks and sticks), and sampling the fine greenery the mountains have to offer. I could do away with the last one, really Coen eating plants now?
Hanging in his chair eating "o"s and watching Sesame Street. Man his legs look long!
We've been on a spinach kick, and the boy can't seem to get enough. Sometimes I "sneak" it into foods (like spinach and scrambled eggs, or black bean and spinach quesadillas) sometimes I just chop it up into mac n cheese. He can clearly see the green, but he loves it anyway! I love this kid. As he is getting older and his appetite grows, I've been allowing/experimenting with more treats with him. At the Rib Fest with Gma/Gpa he ate a sponge bob push pop. Its basically orange sherbet with vanilla ice cream swirled in. And by "eat" it...I mean he licked and sucked on that thing and basically demolished it while making a HUGE mess. At one point he was eating the pop, while he played with the river of orange that was going down his chest and pooling in his belly button. So okay, push pops are too messy for me, though he clearly loved it. Another treat he has had recently was chocolate milk. Oh man, cannot pry that thing out of his hand! I wonder if this is how every new treat is going to be since he never really got any before! Hahahaah. Sugar = crack, fyi.
While the mess wasn't ridiculous.
He is so affectionate! If he finds a doll or a stuffed animal, he is instantly hugging it and holding it by his neck. I stinkin love it!! The first time Sully came over he tried to hug and kiss him, then promptly smelled his feet with a big "EW!" He has been trying out different names for people/things. We see our play group friends a lot, and I'm always trying to get him to say their names. So far he says O (Orlando), Adda (Adam), and my favorite (and clearly his too) is Fifi for Sophia. Of course I should mention his Sesame Street friends, since he says those names more than anything. Its not that he watches the show a lot (though probably almost every weekday) its that he has 5-6 big flip books that have all the characters in it. These books are for after eating, while mom/dad is still finishing their meal. He also pulls them out while I am cooking so he can sit on the floor watching me, and showing me all the things in the books. He says Ernie, Gro-ber, Big Bird, Abbey, and just growls om nom nom nom for Cookie Monster. While Elmo is his favorite, Ernie is a close second. We found an Ernie plush doll at a bookstore and he about freaked out when we had to leave it in the lost in found.
Chilling with a baby he found at our friends house.
We are getting geared up to float the river soon! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I am a river girl through and through, and my favorite place to be is on the river/by the river/in the river during the summer. So far Coen is the same. He loved jumping into Warm Lake with Brodie.
Trying on his life vest and being a ham in the mirror.
We are loving life with this little man, and can't wait to show more pictures of him being a big kid! No stats to report, is fitting in the same clothes, and no changes in his sleeping or eating habits. No 2 year molars out yet, but one is starting to poke out the bottom. He is a funny kid and loves to make you laugh.



No comments:
Post a Comment