Wednesday, October 03, 2012

October Update

What do you mean its too small??

Such a busy little boy I've got. Go Go GO! I love these cool days, and we have been outside all the time. Grandma found some really fun trucks at the consignment fair, and Coen has been outside playing as much as he can. We also got a little baby/toddler swing put up in the front yard. He sits in that thing for nearly an hour at a time. He loves it! Especially when Dad is home and can give him "underdogs". 

Zama and boy at Payette Lake
He talks ALL.THE.TIME! I have nooooo idea where he got it from (heavy sarcasm). Hahaha. I love it, but it can be tedious to hear "mama" 30x in a row (in 5 second), turn around and ask yes...only to have him say "hi" and run off. He cracks me up with his silly antics and I love to laugh with him. Coen is our little parrot right now. It is so funny the little sayings that he has picked up from Brodie and I. Hearing him say oops, 'scuse' me, awesome and "fo sho" are just some of the many things that make him seem older than he is. He can put together words in sentences, ask questions and give answers. All I need is a little translation book for his words, hah. 

loves to "read"
He is starting to love puzzles, puzzle boards and activities that require some thinking and dexterity. He used to get frustrated when his hands couldn't do what he wanted. Now it seems he can slow down and try until he can figure it out. Yes he can slow down...but it is rare :) Actually I am making him a quiet book in a playgroup and I am very excited to show it to him. He loved his friends' that we borrowed. I just wish I had the sewing skills that matched my imagination. Hmmm, seems he and I have that in common. 

Hi Jacksy!
He still points out letters and loves to read books. He knows most of his numbers, but still is iffy on repeating them when prompted. He does love to count too. He counts everything, rocks, fingers, cars, food on his plate. Adorable! Coen is also recently wanting to draw more, and asks to draw often. He still sometimes would rather chew on the crayon or chalk, but at least he gets some on the paper/sidewalk. 


Still and eating/drinking machine as always. He has such a variety of tastes and preferences. I love to try new foods with him. I couldn't keep him away from Uncle John's cherry tomato plants or grape vines. He was a sticky mess in just a few minutes! He sure does love his "may-toes". His favorite foods right now are omelets, pizza with lots of veggies and no red sauce (he prefers just olive oil or pesto), and fruit. He likes to make his own toast too, which he is very insistent on doing every step including putting butter/pb on. Of course he will drink water all day long, but add in ice cubes and its gone in minutes. Coen still calls milk "ootz" and water "agua". 


I love my happy little boy. He loves being out and about, playing with his friends, and just running around. Every night he has "ootz" with dad, which he often tells US when its time. After that its bed time and he sleeps with his little Jackson puppy, Elmo and Abby dolls, a blanket and a pillow. He has to have all these things in his bed with him, and lists them off while we put him down. Coen still won't let us put a blanket on him, but wants one in there to cuddle with. 



He is mostly in 3T on top, and still squeezing him into his 2T pants. The 3T fits his waist, but are probably 2-3 inches too long. I thought about hemming them, but is it worth it when I will probably take them out in 4 or so months? I don't know. I guess he will just have to go through the winter with rolled up pants. 

1 2yr molar cutting and another showing white.

Eek only one more monthly update and then he is TWO!!!




No comments: