Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Yawning

There were a few things I forgot to mention in the last update on Coen. One of them is that he has moved into size 9 shoe with a bit of space to grow. His feet have slimmed down a bit, so I can fit a variety of shoes on him now. No more squishing little loaves of bread in :) I am hoping he can wear flip flops this summer too!

The second is that like all babies/kids, Coen is attuned to emotion in facial expressions. We were all watching a cartoon together (yes this is our lazy Saturday mornings now) and Coen saw one character frowning. He tells Brodie  "oh he's sad!". I know all kids and babies are aware of pleasure/displeasure on our faces, that's how they learn a lot. I didn't know Coen knew the words for it now! He recognizes happy, sad and grumpy. Scared, surprised or someone laughing is all 'yawning'. Hahahaha.

Coen and his 'yawning' train car. (He's also showing his yawn face).

**Brodie thinks this picture looks especially like his younger brother Nathan**

No comments: