 |
| Throwing rocks in the river is the best! |

The end of March was gorgeous with 70 degree temps and bright sunny days. It also brought the seeding and pollenating of about 50,000 different plants/shrubs and trees. Luckily I am only allergic to about 10,000. Anywho, it was obvious to us this spring that Coen also gets seasonal allergies. He was back on "buh-ger" patrol. VERY aware of any drip-age of his nose (even when there wasn't at all) and quickly informed that he had buh-gers and needed them to be immediately wiped! Hahaha. This, however, hasn't kept us inside much.
Coen and I joined a couple of our close friends for a hike in the back of Camelsback. This was a toddler led hike, where we chose the trail and the kiddos chose the pace. The route we took was about 1.5-2 miles but has a variety of scenery and toddler level challenges in it (bridges to cross, narrow trail sections, a transition through a parking lot). Anyway, between the 7 kids (2.25-3) it takes us just about an hour and half (with a snack/water break on a couple of boulders). This gives the kids JUST enough leftover energy to visit the playground for some slides and swings. I didn't get any pics this time, but since this is a new weekly adventure we are doing, I will get plenty next week.
As far as Coen and things to update on him, I really don't have much different to say this month! He continues to be an active silly little man. His language skills seem relatively clear and he has a large vocabulary. His questions and responses are more and more understandable, though he still stutters when he is incredibly excited. He is definitely becoming more adventurous physically. He climbs up playground equipment so much easier and faster. He even wanted to be in the jump houses at recent events! He didn't jump much, but he stood around/fell/sat and laughed and smiled the whole time. It was pretty funny. He also went through his week of eating all morning long, from waking till nap time...and then pick and fuss the rest of the day at meal time. Its not like he is eating bad things either! Lots of fruit, Dave's bread and eggs. As long as he attempts some bites of dinner, I am not worried about how much he is eating. Its just one more power struggle in these delicate years. Hahahaha. And having a very vocal little man, I am sure there will be a few more as we barrel through toddlerhood. Not to mention he will go back to his normal eating habit in a few days anyway!
 |
He has been having a ton of fun on his balance bike. 1 month later, he is riding it nearly every day. Going up (verrrrry slowly mind you) our little driveway and riding down his hill. I'm sure it helps to see 3.5 yr old Declan ride that thing! Declan picked it up so quickly, the riding with no pedals. He was fun to watch. The second favorite thing of Coen's recently has been playing this Thomas the Train app on my ipad. He gets maybe 15-20min screen time on it, but he LOVES IT. His favorite part is this matching cards game. Its 16 cards with trains/characters and a saying of theirs. It's kind of annoying to listen to, but he has a method and goes! Sometimes I wonder if he is matching the sounds or the pictures. He can match them up fairly quickly now.
I am totally digging this age and stage with Coen. He is so very curious and with so much energy and personality! Pretty soon I'll be referring to him as TWO AND A HALF! Sheesh.
 |
| Hi Mama! |
 |
| Coen and Callahan "potato" stamping |
 |
| After a sleepover at Gamma and Papa's. Wondering if there was any sleeping or if it was all playing... |
 |
| Poor kid |
 |
| I mean come on....heartbreakers right? |
 |
| Boy heaven |
No comments:
Post a Comment